The group focuses on experimental and theoretical nonlinear optics. Research includes ultrafast nonlinear dynamics for bio- and nano-photonics and optomechanical interactions for microwave-photonics, novel sensors, and the quantum control and manipulation of information. Please see the research section for more information.
- New results demonstrating chirped temporal solitons in driven optical resonators recently posted to arXiv
- See our upcoming talks at SPIE Photonics this summer, right here in the Institute of Optics this Fall, and at Photonics West early 2020.
- Liam Young joins the group for the summer
- Wendao Xu and Zhenhua Guo join the group
- Paper on Bulk Crystalline Optomechanics published in Nature Physics and featured in news and views
Several Master’s thesis and undergraduate research projects are also available for admitted students.