The group focuses on experimental and theoretical nonlinear optics. Research includes ultrafast nonlinear dynamics for bio- and nano-photonics and optomechanical interactions for microwave-photonics, novel sensors, and the quantum control and manipulation of information. Please see the research section for more information.
- New results demonstrating chirped temporal solitons in driven optical resonators recently posted to arXiv
- See our upcoming talks at SPIE Photonics this summer, right here in the Institute of Optics this Fall, and at Photonics West early 2020.
- Liam Young joins the group for the summer
- Wendao Xu and Zhenhua Guo join the group
- Paper on Bulk Crystalline Optomechanics published in Nature Physics and featured in news and views
Two post-doctoral researcher positions are currently available. Please email with your interest.
Interested PhD candidates are encouraged to apply to the Institute of Optics. Current PhD candidates are encouraged to email to discuss research opportunities.
Several Master’s thesis and undergraduate research projects are also available for admitted students.