The group focuses on experimental and theoretical nonlinear optics for a variety of applications. Research includes ultrafast nonlinear optics for applications such as bio-imaging, light-sound interactions for applications including RF-photonics and quantum computing, and optical computing platforms for low-power brain-scale information processing
- Renninger receives the 2023 Adolph Lomb Medal and the 2023 DARPA Young faculty Award. Incredible to join such amazing company!
- Wendao and Arjun publish their exciting new strong coupling to long-lived phonon results in Optica.
- Haozhen Xu joins the group. Welcome!
- Emily DeVeyra joins the group for summer 2023. Welcome!
- Arjun Iyer wins “Best Presentation Award” at WOMBAT 2022 at the Max Planck Institute for the Science of Light in Erlangen, Germany. Congrats Arjun!!
- Chirped pulses recently discovered in normal dispersion fiber Kerr resonators – this research is published in Optica and a news article can be found here.
- The femtosecond team discovers an exciting new soliton which supports the shortest pulses to date from fiber Kerr resonators – now published in Physical Review Letters. News article found here
- The Group wins the 2020 NSF CAREER award for research in optomechanics
Several Master’s thesis and undergraduate research projects are also available for admitted students.
The group is currently recruiting exceptionally qualified postdocs.