Refereed Journal Publications:
8. A.D. Pickel, A. Teitelboim, E.M. Chan, N.J. Borys, P.J. Schuck, and C. Dames, “Apparent Self-Heating of Individual Upconverting Nanoparticle Thermometers,” Nature Communications 9, 4907 (2018).
7. G. Wehmeyer, A.D. Pickel, and C. Dames. “Onsager reciprocity relation for ballistic phonon heat transport in anisotropic thin films of arbitrary orientation,” Physical Review B 98, 014304 (2018).
6. T. Li, A.D. Pickel, Y. Yao, Y. Chen, Y. Zeng, S.D. Lacey, Y. Li, Y. Wang, J. Dai, Y. Wang, B. Yang, M.S. Fuhrer, A. Marconnet, C. Dames, D.H. Drew, and L. Hu, “Thermoelectric properties and performance of flexible reduced graphene oxide films up to 3000 K,” Nature Energy 3, 148-156 (2018).
News & Views: Bring on the Heat
5. J.D. Kilbane, E.M. Chan, C. Monachon, N.J. Borys, E.S. Levy, A.D. Pickel, J.J. Urban, P.J. Schuck, and C. Dames, “Far-field optical nanothermometry using individual sub-50 nm upconverting nanoparticles,” Nanoscale 8, 11611 (2016).
4. W. Bao*, A.D. Pickel*, Q. Zhang*, Y. Chen*, Y. Yao*, J. Wan, K. Fu, Y. Wang, J. Dai, H. Zhu, D. Drew, M. Fuhrer, C. Dames, and L. Hu, “Flexible, High Temperature, Planar Lighting with Large Scale Printable Nanocarbon Paper,” Advanced Materials 28, 4684-4691 (2016).
* denotes equal contribution to this work
3. S. Xu, A.H. Habib, A.D. Pickel, and M.E. McHenry, “Magnetic Nanoparticle-based Solder Composites for Electronic Packaging Applications,” Progress in Materials Science 67, 95-160 (2015).
2. S. Xu, A. Prasitthipayong, A.D. Pickel, A.H. Habib, and M.E. McHenry, “Mechanical Properties of FeCo Magnetic Particles-based Sn-Ag-Cu Solder Composites,” Applied Physics Letters 102, 251909 (2013).
1. S. Xu, A.D. Pickel, A. Prasitthipayong, A.H. Habib, and M.E. McHenry, “Modeling of Localized Reflow in Solder/Magnetic Nanocomposites for Area-Array Packaging,” Journal of Applied Physics 113, 17A305 (2013).
1. C.D. Aiello, A.D. Pickel, E. Barnard, R.B. Wai, C. Monachon, E. Wong, S. Aloni, F. Ogletree, C. Dames, and N. Ginsberg, “Cathodoluminescence-based nanoscopic thermometry in a lanthanide-doped phosphor,” arXiv:1810.07581 [cond-mat.mes-hall].